Enter Metzger Wickersham’s Road to Safety Scholarship Contest by submitting a creative project that educates people about the perils of dangerous driving. In your own creative way, tell us how teens can drive with safety in mind, all the time.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Metzger Wickersham’s Road to Safety Scholarship Contest is open to graduating, college-bound high school seniors in Pennsylvania.
Students may submit no more than one entry. All entries must be submitted with a completed 2021 Entry Form.
An entry must fall under at least one of the following categories:
- Digital Design/Illustration (ex: t-shirt design, or any other artistic concept created using a computer)
- Video or Audio PSA
- Song and/or Dance Composition
The more creative, the better! We are no longer accepting essays or poems.
All projects must be the original work of the entrant. Entries cannot include Copyright graphics, photos or songs.
PSAs, videos, songs or dances should be no longer than 2 minutes.
If emailing audio or video file, please submit in .mp3, .mov, or .wmv format. You may submit entries via file sharing service (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
For judging purposes, it is preferred to receive a hard copy of artwork submissions. However, if emailing artwork, please submit in JPEG or PDF format.
All submitted entries become the property of Metzger Wickersham law firm. Projects will not be returned to any entrant. Upon submission of a project, entrants acknowledge that Metzger Wickersham will have all rights to use, reproduce, publish, display, distribute or promote the entry as deemed necessary.
HOW TO ENTER SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
All entries must be submitted with a completed 2021 Entry Form.
After you complete the entry form, you will need to submit your creative project in one of the following ways:
- EMAIL – email@example.com (or send via file sharing services like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
- MAIL – Attn: Road to Safety Scholarship Contest, PO Box 69200, Harrisburg, PA 17106
- HAND-DELIVER – 2321 Paxton Church Road, Harrisburg, PA 17110
The scholarship entry period for 2022 graduates will open in January 2022.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Does the project effectively convey the theme of the contest? (Entries should highlight the dangers of drunk and/or distracted driving).
- How creatively does the project deliver the message?
- Does the project motivate teens to be more safety-conscious behind the wheel?
First place: $1,000
Second place: $750
Third place: $500
The amount of first, second and third place scholarship prizes awarded will be dependent upon the number of total entries received. Awards will be paid in one installment. Checks will be made out to the student.
Winners may be asked to submit a photograph of themselves for use in contest promotional materials. Each winner is required to consent to the use of the their likeness, name, area of residence, school name, prize amount and other contest information without limitation or further payment.
Please call (717) 238-8187, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.